About

A Family

A family of winegrower from father to son for 10 generations. Going back to 1790 (French Revolution). The terroirs of the Domaine are a real gift of generations. The estate really grew when Jean - Louis and Eliane, both from a family of winemakers, took the reins in 1968. They have provided a titanic job to make this area this that it is today, and have also invested a lot in promoting the Marsannay appellation. 

Philosophy

Since the 90's, they have become very aware of the importance of practicing a culture that is more respectful of the environment. Thus, from year to year, the work in the vineyards has evolved a lot. No more pesticides to start, and more plowing and interventions in the vineyards throughout the year.

During the 2000s, the idea of pushing the environmental approach even further was more and more present. In 2007, half of the field was conducted using organic farming methods to "try the experiment".

Three years later, in 2010: the entire domain is in conversion.

2013 was the first CERTIFIÉ BIO vintage by ÉCOCERT

2016, with its impressive climatic hazards has stopped their ambition! After a freezing night by - 7 degrees in the night of April 26th to 27th when they lost 70% of harvest, they chose to save the remaining 30% of an unprecedented mildew attack. The application of a single conventional treatment has made them go out of organic certification.

This does not call into question their approach. They are starting for 3 new years of conversion to conquer the precious label!

DOMAINE HUGUENOT


COUNTRY 
France
REGION OF PRODUCTION
Burgundy
APPELLATION
Marsannay, Fixin, Gevrey-Chambertin
FOUNDED
1968
CLIMATE
Mild, and generally warm and temperate
SOIL COMPOSITION
Clay and gravel
VINEYARD
24 ha
AGRICULTURE
Manual
PRODUCTION VOLUME
120000
VARIETIES GROWN
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
AGES OF VINES
40 years
BEHIND THE WINES
Philippe Huguenot


 



Wines of the domain

THIRSTY TO KNOW MORE?